God Continues to Bless
One of the toughest adjustments we’ve faced is the language barrier. It is a depressing and frustrating feeling when you want to communicate, but can’t. I think the people who work at the “Shoppette”, a small grocery store close to our house, always get a laugh when I come in for something. I might have won “Funniest Home Videos” when I tried to convey that I needed dog food. However, it’s not just the little things. Pam and I desperately want to talk with people about the Lord. Recently, God gave us the opportunity.
Last week, while I stepped out of the class for a few minutes, one of our teachers asked Pam when we baptize our children. However, she made us answer in French. The conversation was a lengthy one. Pam had the opportunity to talk to her about salvation and baptism. I made it back in time to deal with the issue of works, and how they are not a part of salvation. Our teacher is a Muslim. We have invited her to church, but I’m not sure she will come. Please keep her in prayer. Also pray that we have many more opportunities to share Christ.
I do have a praise. Last Sunday, Missionary Charlie Joyce asked me to preach and he translated. After the service, a young lady accepted Christ as her Savior.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home